Selasa, 09 Juni 2009

Nokia Web Runtime in Firmware Upgrade

s60.gifUp until now, I haven’t been that interested in Nokia’s widgets/web runtime as I saw it as currently having a very small user audience. Only the very latest (S60 3rd FP2) phones were to carry the runtime and I had been told by several people at Nokia that retro-fitting older devices via an additional install wasn’t planned. It was going to be a very long time before a significant number of user phones had the runtime.

This changed today when I read about the latest N95 firmware upgrade on AllAboutSymbian. The new firmware includes the web runtime! This is great news and will accellerate the growth of widget capable devices and makes the web runtime a more attractive proposition for developers such as myself.

Design by infinityskins.blogspot.com 2007-2008